Well, it happened a whole lot sooner. Rodney came up with the idea to do it this weekend, but also to not only paint Allyson's room, but Janae and Kaycie's room as well. Allyson already knew what color she wanted . . . pink, but with the other two, they had to agree on the same one. While at the store looking at paint samples, we came up with the idea to paint two walls one color and the other two walls another color. J and K were all excited about that, but now they had to agree on two colors!
We started somewhere around 2:30 and finished up sometime close to 8:30 (that includes a short break time). It was quite the tiring day, but so glad we got it done! We finished putting J and K's room back together today, so here are the before and after pictures.
before - a light green color
after - a bold pink called "girl talk" :o)
Allyson's room put back together. Looks great except for the curtains. Guess you know what I'll be looking for in the next week or so.
before - a light blue color
the green wall . . . yes it does look a bit blue, but it is not. The color is called "perpetual green", but I would call it "amish green". We probably should have went with the shade lighter, but too late now :o)
the pink walls called "pink shock"
Janae and Kaycie's room put back together. Despite not liking the green color as much, I think it turned out really well. And, of course, we had to rearrange the room :o)
Not sure if I'll look for new curtains for their room or not.
I did have a thought that I should paint pink circles on the green wall and green circles on the pink wall. Yes? No?
No comments:
Post a Comment