Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Do You Really Know What It Means?!

This morning I read through one of my favorite chapters in Psalms - Psalm 145.

1 I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever.  2  Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever . . . 10 All you have made will praise you, O Lord; your saints will extol you.

When I got to verse 10 and noticed once again the word extol, I decided it was finally time to find out exactly what this word means and not just think and assume I know.

After looking online, I was actually quite surprised by the definition of the word . . . it is a verb and means praise enthusiastically.  Some synonyms are:  go into raptures about/over, wax lyrical about, sing the praises of, praise to the skies, acclaim, exalt, eulogize, adulate, rhapsodize over, rave about, enthuse about/over, overpraise; (informal) go wild about, go on about, ballyhoo; (formal) laud.

Praise enthusiastically!  WOW!  Do we really worship and praise our Father enthusiastically?  Do we live our lives where people know that we extol our King?!

1  I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever.  2  Every day I will praise you and praise enthusiastically your name for ever and ever . . . 10 All you have made will praise you, O Lord; your saints will praise you enthusiastically.

May we truly Extol the Lord our God.

No comments: