Sunday, December 11, 2011

Welcome

If you are wondering how I came up with my new blog name, here is the last posting I put on my old blog. 

Socks & Little Girls

I do realize that most every family with young children go through this, but it doesn't matter.  It is still such a frustrating thing!  What, you ask?  Well, socks, of course.

I've come to the conclusion that socks and little girls just don't go together very well, at least in this house.  Either they don't like to wear them or they just can't seem to get them feeling "just absolutely right" when in their shoes.  You know, that little edge piece by your little toes.  Drives them nuts!

I can understand not wanting to wear socks when it is warm outside, but as soon as the weather turns colder, I am constantly wearing my socks.  My girls on the other hand take off their shoes and socks almost immediately when they step into the house (at least 99% of the time).  Kaycie is the biggest one with the not wearing socks thing, but Allyson is a close second as she always takes them off as soon as she's inside the door from school.  Janae isn't quite that extreme but is a close third.  I think Kaycie's reasoning for not wearing socks is that she can't wear her play shoes or flip flops in the house when you are wearing socks.  Understandable, but I'd rather have warm feet :o)

The other problem of them not being "just right" in their shoes makes this mama go bonkers at times.  Allyson is the worst one in this area.  There have been times she's adjusted her socks many, many times before they are "just right" or she may even find different shoes to wear.  This does sometimes help.  Janae comes in second in this area.  She's the one that has to have her socks "look just right" (down by her toes) right away.  She always checks them out and adjusts them if needed.  Putting on her shoes isn't quite the ordeal as it is for Allyson.  And finally Kaycie comes in third.  If her socks aren't quite right in her shoes, it only takes one or maybe two times at the most to get them feeling good enough.

So there you have it - socks and the Schrock girls just don't mix :o)

Now you can see why my girls are "flip flop girls"!  Summertime is a good time of year :o)

No comments: