Allyson really likes to draw and for a second grader, I think she does real well. Here is a picture she put on her door last night. Obviously she's still learning how to spell, but does a fairly good job at sounding out the words :o)
At the beginning of the year, Allyson's teacher was real excited about the new math curriculum the school was going to use this year. From what she's brought home for homework, I just don't see what's wrong with how we learned math way back when. But I guess if Allyson is understanding it and is doing well at it, then that's the most important thing. Here is a paper I found on her dresser a few weeks back. This was just something she did on her own. (sorry about the pic being turned - not sure why the blog switched it.) She got the correct answers, but how? :o\
Happy Sant Patsick Day!
1 comment:
I'm with you, Cindy. That is crazy Math!!! I think I see what she did but it would be much more difficult to teach and it is not a short cut in my opinion. Some crazy person thought up a new way to make some money off of some gullible educators. But please don't tell her teacher I said that!
Post a Comment