Thursday afternoon I finally did something I had been wanting to do for a long, long time - clean the kitchen window. We've lived in our house for 10 years now, and I know Rodney and I cleaned it one time. I'm just not sure if we did it more than that. So you know it had to be dirty! :o\
As I said earlier, I've been wanting to do this, but I just wasn't sure how I would be able to clean all sides of the storm and main windows, and I just never wanted to figure it out. So it never got done. Until Thursday. I was finally in the mode of just doing it and getting it done, and I'm sooo glad I did! It took a little bit of figuring out how to get all the sides clean, but I managed with very little problems. At one point I wasn't sure if I could get the screen back in, thinking I'd have to wait until Rodney got home, but after a short time, I managed to get it back in place.
The view from the kitchen window is such a drastic change, I can't believe I waited so long to tackle cleaning it! You kinda get use to the film and dirt, knowing it's there but not thinking it's THAT bad, so when it is finally gone, it's just so unbelievable how clear the view is! You just want to stay in the kitchen and look out the window :o)
As I'm looking out my newly clean window, I'm reminded of how much our lives (spiritually, emotionally and physically) are like my dirty window. One thought I had reminds me of what Paul says in 1 Corinthians 13:12 - "For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." We think we know what's going on and how things look, but we are really only looking through a "dirty window" or not seeing the full, clear picture. That time won't come until we are with Jesus in Heaven.
And the second thought I had reminded me that this is also so true with our own lives. We get so use to the dirt and grime (sin) that we don't realize how "dirty" we really are. We think we are doing good and may have just a few corners with some dirt, but in reality the dust has just been slowly building up and before you know it, we are not just a tiny bit dirty but a whole lot dirty! But thankfully the Holy Spirit shows us the truth, and if we ask for forgiveness and allow Him to do His work in us, then it's amazing how much better the view is in our life! And like me with my just making the time to clean that window wonder why we waited so long to get that clean and wonderful view.
Who knew that cleaning a dirty kitchen window would be such a thought provoking experience :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment