Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hydraenga

This year's spring weather caused havoc on my hydraenga bushes and I wasn't sure if they were going to do much this year or not.  Well, all I can say is that even though the bush itself doesn't look good (the leaves took a beating), both of them are overflowing in blooms!

This is the bush in the front (I did not take a pic of the backyard one).  You can kinda see the brown edge leaves.  But notice ALL the blooms!!!





The bush out front has always bloomed pink flowers and the one out back has bloomed blue.  For those of you who don't know, the type of soil determines what color flower you get.  There is some additive you can add to the soil to make the pink ones turn blue.  I've always thought about it, but never done it.  This is a flower in front.



But I've been also noticing that a few of the flowers are coming in blue!  Not sure what is causing this, but I'm not complaining!


Almost a two-toned flower - bluish, pinkish.





No comments: