Saturday, July 7, 2012

Vacation

For our vacation this year we headed to the Cincinnati Zoo.  Overall the girls traveled ok especially when they are watching a video :o)  (they are not the best long distance travelers) 

Here are some pictures of our HOT zoo experience.




We rode the train twice and the last time Rodney wanted to ride in the very last car as the last seat faced backwards, but the girls won out.  They wanted to ride in the very first car :o)


Feeding the goats.






Poor thing!  Can you tell he's hot?!


See the baby zebra?  The sign said she was born 2 days after Allyson's birthday.


Janae loved the flamingos.  I think the main reason why is that a few days before I had bought her a new shirt and it has a flamingo on it :o)




Like the train, we rode the carousel twice.




Janae rode the bench both times :o) but she definitely enjoyed it.






Just some of the very pretty flowers near the entrance/exit area.



On the way home Rodney wanted to stop at the Air Force Museum in Dayton.  The place is huge and I bet we didn't see half of all that was available to see.  I didn't take a lot of pictures inside as the lighting was a bit too dark for them to turn out very well.




They had a fuselage of a fighter jet that basically only kids were allowed into due to the cramped area.









No comments: