Today was Kid's Day at the fair and for the first time ever, I took the girls and went. I'm glad we did as the girls had a blast! It was to be a very hot day, but the clouds stuck around for most of the morning and even looked very threatening at times, but all we got were some sprinkles. There was also a nice breeze. By the time we were getting close to being done, the sun did come out, and the temps and humidity began to rise quite a bit.
I was debating on if I should get a wristband for all of the girls or just Allyson as I didn't think the other two would ride as much as Allyson. I was wrong, and I'm glad I did get all three a wristband. I didn't count how many rides they went on or how many times they repeated rides, but I believe I got our money's worth.
It was also nice in that Allyson was tall enough to be able to ride all of the rides alone, so that meant her sisters could ride the same ride even if they weren't as tall as they needed to be (they did have to be taller than the minimum requirement though).
When asked what their favorite rides were:
Allyson - the roller coaster, the slide, the drums (kinda like the tea cup ride), the train
Janae - the roller coaster, the swing, the train, the drums, the bears
Kaycie - the roller coaster, the train, the drums, the bears, the swing
As you can tell, I think they loved almost all of the rides they rode on :o)
It was also neat to watch Janae. She's always the one who doesn't like to try new things (whether food or some activity). It usually takes a lot of coaxing, and then you aren't guaranteed that she will try it. But today Allyson wanted to go on the roller coaster. Janae didn't want to, but Kaycie did. So Allyson and Kaycie went on the ride. A short time later Janae said she wanted to go on the roller coaster, and she loved it :o) The same thing happened with the drum ride too. I'm sooo glad she decided to give some of those rides a chance and then liking them too.
I don't have any pictures :o( At one point before we left home, I had thought about taking my camera along, but as it goes sometimes, I forgot until we were almost to the fair. Just imagine lots of smiles and waves :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment