I know it's been a while since I've updated my blog (Uncle Dan), so here are a few pictures from the past month.
Several weeks ago Kaycie sat down with her doodle pad and wrote all of the ABC's. This was the first time she did it without asking "what comes next?" :o)
Thanksgiving weekend we were invited to my aunt and uncle's house out in central Illinois. We had a lot of fun seeing family we don't get to see very often. Here are the girls enjoying the tractors out in the garage. This was soon after we got there, so they were quite ready to expend some energy.
Today Allyson received the honor or distinction of "Model Citizen". This honor is given to four students in each grade 1-5 during the course of the school year. Each teacher nominates kids who demonstrate the requirements in order to receive this honor:
M - make positive comments
O - organized
D - do my personal best
E - effort in academics
L - lifelong learner
I knew she was going to get this about a month ago as her teacher called wanting to know her shirt size, but, of course, I had to keep it a secret :o) Yesterday, Allyson came home saying that today was the Model Citizen reveal day. She was all excited clearly thinking/knowing that she would get a t-shirt. Why? Because she's been nominated every grade. This makes the third shirt now - her shirt colors are red (1st grade), black (2nd grade) and now light blue (3rd grade). I even had to go downstairs and get her too small shirt from 1st grade out of storage so she could have it up in her room. It's actually been kinda hard for me to get her to wear these shirts after she gotten them, but according to her now, she is going to wear it a lot more now :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment